
Graphic courtesy of heartlight.org
I'm posting this late Saturday afternoon, my time. I want to pray for my visitors, followers, readers who may be unsatisfied with their current church or may be having ill feelings toward church, Christians in general. You may or may not be currently attending a local service of any kind. I'm praying for you. May you know that Christianity is more than attending a service. It's a relationship. When we get to heaven God's not going to ask what church you attended. He's going to ask if you believed on His Son Jesus for salvation.
Some of you may think Christians are hypocrites. And I'm going to be blunt and say that some who say they are Christians ARE hypocrites. I know I've been badly hurt by many of them, and so has my family. You aren't the only ones who have been betrayed, hurt, and abused by so called Christians. But don't let the bad apples turn you away from a relationship with Jesus.
I'm praying for each visitor who is unsettled in their relationship with Jesus today, whether its Saturday night or Sunday when you read this.

12 comments:
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am rather new at all of this and had no idea how many people I could meet & how many things I could learn with this blogging!! IT continues to amaze me how God provides for me. I have had some sorrow about church lately--we have moved so much and I never feel "at home" and sometimes I just don't want to go where no one really knows me -- or seems to care. I know our church is considered a "good one" but, as an introvert, I do not feel it! (Meanwhile my teenagers love it, so I think it's the place to be for now) Anyway, tomorrow I will get myself there and think about why I'm there...not how I feel about how many friends I have there! Thanks for your post. I also love the One Thousand Gifts...so I'll see you again!!
Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog today--and what a blessing to click over and be prayed for! Thank you!
~Jeanne
Thanks for being a prayer warrior.
Thank you so much for your prayers. God is so faithful and I'm grateful His mercies are new every morning.
I just want to comment that there are hypocrites in just about every aspect of life. It's unfortunate that this includes the body of Christ. I'm so sorry if you and your family have been hurt in the past by someone who was walking in the flesh rather than after the spirit.
It was refreshing to read that you have a relationship with Jesus and know that He will never fail us. I too pray that those reading your blog will keep their eyes on Jesus and get into His Word rather than look at people in the church even though they "should" be setting the example.
Thank you so much for the prayers. WE've recently been experiencing several families who have left the church. It has been discouraging especially when we don't know if we are missing something? But God hasn't given us reason to leave, so we are going to trust Him.
thanks for dropping by my site! and adding me to your blog roll :D ill add you too !
All I have to say about that is a hearty, "AMEN!"
Christians should be looking and focusing strictly on Christ. Not on other Christians. Easier said than done, I know.
People will always fail us. Christ will never fail us.
~Brenda
what a beautiful blog. it is so nice to meet you and i feel so encouraged by visiting here the first time. we are just coming from a very harsh ministry in a church to a new one we are embracing with excitement and joy. i certainly wouldn't trade the rough times in ministry though, it makes us better tools for the Lord.
and who woulda known that the church was full of sinners just like me? hehehe.
anyways, love back to you in the moving proces and transition! and what is your name btw? great to meet you!
Thanks for stopping by my Blog! Love your site and the fact that we know there are others out there keeping us all in our prayers. My prayer list grows bigger daily! Have a beautiful day.
Thanks for praying for me, your visitor..i'm praying back for you:)
Love when meeting other ladies who's lifes are orchestrated by Him!
Have a blessed Sunday! And thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!
Thanks for the comment on my blog post concerning grapevines. I'm sorry you never had a lesson in pruning...it was pleasantly forced on me.
Having fun perusing your blog...I see we are both pastor's wives and concerned about the church.
Thanks for your kind words at my blog and the prayers on yours. Because we are on this journey of daily crucifying our flesh and learning to walk by His Spirit I believe we all have been hurt and even hurt others (unintentionally and some possibly on purpose). I am so grateful for the grace of God that covers a multitude of sin! As many have said above, Jesus should be our focus. So thankful for all who can look beyond the failings and see Jesus. Always His, Nancy
Post a Comment