This Thursday I am thankful that I am free!!!! As a dear online friend reminded me this week of these words, I want to put them here. Then scroll down a couple of posts to see the post entitled, "My search is over" for the full story.
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?”
34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. from John 8 NKJV
Note: for more Thankful Thursday posts for this week see: http://womentakingastand.blogspot.com/

12 comments:
Amen, praise God.
Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us today. Gods Word is anointed and challenges our hearts, thanks for sharing His Word with us. -Laurie
Thanks for the WORD. It's always alive and powerful.
My link:
http://sarahg26.blogspot.com/2009/06/thankful-thursday-7.html
Amen, we are free! May we always abide in His Word. Amen! God bless you...
I am thankful too that Jesus set me free!
I'm so thankful that we don't have to remain slaves to sin!
Thanks for reminding us of our freedom through Christ.
Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. It's a pleasure to 'meet' you.
I'm so glad your search is over. Sometimes we makeit so hard on ourselves, trying to find out who we are in Christ. Instead we just have to give ourselves over to Him and let Him create in us who we are suppose to be.
Patty H.
I'm so happy and thankful and blessed to see how God is making Himself known to you. Stay on this path, my friend. :-))
~Brenda
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments and encouragement. I am truly thankful for you my readers.
Great to be free!
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. --- AMEN!!! His Word is the truth.
Amen, through the blood of Jesus we are free!
Post a Comment